Jamman, Microsynth and motors

Two questions and a contribution to the discussion:

a) How does one obtain the Jamman ROM (I've tried contacting Bob before
and was unsuccessful) and how much does it cost?

b) To any of the other Micosynth users, I ask this: is it possible to
adjust or otherwise modify the gate?  I've started using it before a
high gain channel and the closing is more distinctly audible in that
setting.  If anyone has any solutions internal or otherwise I'd
appreciate your aid.

c) Rather than merely dumping questions on the list I thought I'd
contibute this thought to the experiment - I have a Walkman from
Reading-for-the-Blind (no, I'm not blind it was an ADD thing; and either
it helped or I didn't need it because I'm working towards a Ph.D in
literature at the moment).  Anyway, this wonderful little device has a
built-in speaker, three motor speeds and a fine speed control which
makes brilliant looping tool.  I like to use it with my slightly
microphonic bridge pick up in two ways: as a lo-fi sampler (i.e. pop a
tape in and play it through my guitar and effects) or as a cheap pitch
generator.  In the later instance I use the fine speed control and my
tuner to find a pitch (generated by the motor noise and heard through my
pickup) appropriate to the chords in a song and then run that note
through effects to create a drone or a simple phrase when used with a
pitch shifter.  Flicking the speed switch allows me to jump between
pitches (unfortunately it's hard to get it to do two in-tune pitches) so
with processing I can get wonderfully buzz moog-type pads going or
theramin like squiggles).  Can anyone else recommend any other motor
devices or dementia of a similar ilk (I've divulged a considerable
amount of classified info here so lets all be honest about such devices-
marital aids included).

Best, Sean