Re: Inverted gear snobbery

I was doing a gig with my cmputer the other day. It's taken me ages to get
the technical side just right -latency issues etc - not to metion the
actual compostition /improvisation of the music. Well, all went well
until, after I'd stopped playing this guy came up to me, looked down
disparagingly at my set up and declared, "computer music huh?' another guy
on another occasion said "wow those tones you got were amazing - but I
suppose it was the computer doing it all".
Well I'm rather proud of the sounds I use as a source, (heavily modified
guitar with a few secret playing tachniques - not to mention the actual
music) but the fact that I use a pretty basic computer seems to detract
from the music itself.
I know some of you people use rather impressive racks - have you found
this?