From: "Gareth Whittock" <whiteoak@dial.pipex.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 22:06
Subject: Re: Inverted gear snobbery

> I was doing a gig with my cmputer the other day. It's taken me ages to
>get
the technical side just right -latency issues etc - not to metion the
actual
compostition /improvisation of the music. Well, all went well until, after
I'd stopped playing this guy came up to me, looked down
> disparagingly at my set up and declared, "computer music huh?' another
>guy
on another occasion said "wow those tones you got were amazing - but I
suppose it was the computer doing it all".
> Well I'm rather proud of the sounds I use as a source, (heavily modified
guitar with a few secret playing tachniques - not to mention the actual
music) but the fact that I use a pretty basic computer seems to detract
from
the music itself.