Re: computer music

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Floyd Miller wrote:
[snip]

> > did Jimmy play kazoo on Cross town traffic?

[again, snip]

> And by the way, what's this to do with computer music?

well - yr reading about it on a computer, right? ;)

right. anyway my $.02...

powerbook shows have ranked among some of the
most boring/disappointing events i have gone
to. some of em have been pleasant surprises...
but in general, i say... yawwnnn. not sure
if it's a problem inherent in the format, or me,
or some combo of the 2... i think it's a presentational
thing (& a personal one) cause i find that
i'm tres receptive to the exact same stylings
when they're part of a club/ambiance setting.
(like most of the tunes you'd hear as "canned"
in such a place. )

just don't make me watch.

i've certainly seen instances where the club
sound system was not nearly up to the task
of reproducing the full range of
tonalities produced by computers, which
also doesn't help much.

but lotsa the actual performances i've seen - feh...
i'm not the first to say it - about
as engaging as watching a couple of
yr friends play "battleship".

come to think of it -