Re: computer music

I don't think these label distinctions are as cut and
dried as suggested, at least not in common usage.

What is DJ Shadow, who cuts and pastes music samples?

Why are there many "turntablist"  who call themselves
'DJ' whatever (e.g. DJ Logic)?

InternetDJ.com uses the label 'mixers' and which they
say is "DJs who create professional mixes, freestlyes,
etc for sale or production".

I think it is common for a turntablist (mixer) to call
himself a DJ, even though their talents clearly are
different that the traditional radio or party 'disk
jockey' who simply plays a record unaltered.

bret