Re: The state of Rap, was Re: computer music

>While as much of an abomination as Puff Daddy's music is (though I do dig
>his Led Zep appropriation for the Godzilla soundtrack: Double-tracked
>orchestras, yeah baby), I don't think it's quite fair to say that
>hip-hop/rap has as a genre degenerated to his level. Yeah, there's plenty
>of crummy commercial rap around, and he's not the only offender, but I
>actually think there's a kind of hip-hop renaissance going on right now,

amen, Dave T. -- as usual - the crappy stuff rises to the top.. and we hear
it...from the loudest jeeps at stop lights....

Dead Prez is another amazing addition to intelligent,
destined-to-be-classic, deep, relevant history/culture based hip hop......
Project Object -The Music of FRANK ZAPPA -Sat Jun 24 - The Lion's Den NYC
August tour - 8/3 thru 8/19 with IKE WILLIS - details coming soon!

details & effluvia -http://www.projectobject.com

JFK's LSD UFO - RA, MP3s, upcoming dates at http://www.ufomusic.com