Re: The state of Rap/Re: quannum vs. the roots

>> actually think there's a kind of hip-hop renaissance going on right now,
> Dead Prez is another amazing addition to intelligent,

The Hieroglyphics collective too.  I like the recent Price Paul stuff that
I've heard, as well.

> p.s.: does anybody know (or has seen them) if quannum have concerts?

Quannum are a pretty recent convergence of Latyrx, Blackalicious, and
Shadow, who apparently all go back to UC Davis and the radio station there
(see the last issue of The Wire).  I saw Latyrx in concert a couple years
ago opening for De La.  High energy, positive, impressive skills, unique,
loads of feeling and integrity: I knew they were destined to blow up.  I've
heard The Roots throw a huge show live, esp. Razel.
    I think hip-hop is getting exciting again, too. Like in the days of
Tribe and P.E.
Any opinions on the Kid Koala album?