RE: Fear & Stupidity

It's time for Mr. Geerts to pick up some Joseph Campbell as soon as
possible
(check him out at http://www.amazon.com).  It's not the outside stereotypes
of religion, most of which I agree suck, but the very profound nature of
humanity's longing to "make sense" that Mr. Tidwell was referring to.  To
equate the "greater part of [our culture's] stupidity" with "religious
person"(s) only shows a vast ignorance about the greater meaning of
religion.  Do a search in the Loopers' Delight archives for "spiritual" or
otherwise "religious" e-mails.  There have been great conversations here
about the spirituality of looping, the "holiness" of looping.  That you are
a member of this list shows me you have seen glimpses of this, albeit
confusing glimpses.

Your heavy bias towards the awful stereotypes of religion in our culture is
taxing your capability to connect with the "higher" spiritual layers of
your
self ("higher" or otherwise).  The only hope I see for you is to continue
looping and somehow luckily "bump" with some of those elements someday,
before you die— the sooner the better.

We are here to live, and while we live, to leave some looping for the
future
generations, since this one apparently doesn't care much.  Pick up some
Zappa books while you're at it.  It'll help your looping.