Off Topic-Experience Music Project

Hi there Loopfiends,

This is not particularly loop related but I would like to recommend to
anyone
who can plan a trip up to Seattle, WA to try make it up to the new
Experience
Music Project if you can. It is a terrific thing they (Paul Allen and Co.)
have done for the music/creative community as well as being a tremendous
amount of fun to boot.
You ought to try to get there some time if you ever have vacation plans
that
include the Pacific Northwest.

A little more on topic--at the grand opening festivities of the EMP
mentioned
above I went to see Bill Frisell (who was the last act of the last night
of
the grand opening weekend). He was awsome! It was the first time I'd ever
seen him live (though I've been a fan since his days at ECM). His music
alternately brought tears to my eyes for it's shear profundity or
plastered a
grin across my face to see how much fun he was having making it.

There was some use of loops in almost every tune but more often than not
only
for short moments here and there--and pretty frequently as segues between
songs. He mostly used just some little stomp box delays set up on a stool
do this. He didn't use any long delays at all and no other looping gear
was
anywhere to be seen.

He was playing in a band that included 3 other guitarists (or
banjo/mandolinists) so I suppose those guys were playing stuff that Bill
might have played himself and used loops for if he were playing alone as
he
did on his most recent album. But there was such intense interplay between
he
and the musicians it's no surprise that he's chosen to do things this way
now.

T.Killian