DennisWLeas:OrvilleRules

Hi Dennis, nice to meet you in this "place"...thanx for your precious info
on the Kyma system...I cheched their site out and it looks very good...how
does it sounds???
Regarding my thing on Orville: this is a 2 rack units box, so when you
come
to performing...you don't want to bring computers around...risking those
bastard system crashes that often happens, especially with pc and Windows
crap, you know what I mean, man?!?!
Orville is an open system in this sense: it has more than 200 intrnal
modules, into a well organized library; they are audio, control,
modulation
and math modules; you can choose and arrange them anyway you like,
creating
incredible sounds, from synths to anything you can imagine, totally
customize the user interface so to get menus of parameters organazide in
personal logical pages on the large display, program it on the unit or,
better, on a pc, in text or graphics environment, patching boxes and
virtual
cables, pretty much like Kyma.
Last...Eventide is a leader in digital audio since 1973...they invented
pitch shifting, reverse shifting and many other wonders. You should listen
to this box to get how good those 24 bit converters sound.
I flew to Denmark to record a cd at Rhytmhic Music Conservatory in
Copenhagen; the project was about digital processing of acoustic
instruments: everybody was just speechless...it sounds AWESOME, trust me.
later ITALOOP