Re: Re: using house sound for gtr

I heard fripp uses electricty is that true?
Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com wrote:
> Re: Fripp's setup>He's also playing without guitar amps... into a pair
>of powered speakers
for monitors... and sending his signal direct to the house

Last John McLaughlin tour I saw, he did the same. Problem is that if you
have 'good' seats in up close,  and the house monitors are aimed at the
center/rear for 'reinforcement'  the guitar sound will be very weak in the
mix. The band with their stage amps (and live drum sound) will be loud and
clear but you won't be getting the correct levels of the guitar in
relation.

Probably sounds great in the rear of the house. But up close the great
visuals were matched with lousy guitar sound. Thoughtless, really.

-Bob