Re: Gear setup suggestions

>I would like to know your favorite brand of mid-priced performance vocal
>mikes.

I've been having a great time with my CAD Equitek E-100.  They have come
down in price into about the $250 range, and the sound, to me (after using
inexpensive cardioids) is crisp, full, and clear.  It's a phantom powered
mike, but runs off of it's internal batteries if not hooked up to phantom
power, so you can use it with a four-track or PA without phantom, etc.

I'm a novice at mics and miking techniques, and have not used this mic
live, but for studio recording and sample capturing, it's very nice.

oh, and it's cool looking.

seeya,

rich

ps.  we did use it this week to tape a rehearsal of my current soundscape
project with fellow list member Cliff.  Hi Cliff!  We just put the mike up
in the room,through the PA for power and to get the signal to 1/4", and
then to Cliff's MiniDisc.  Cliff can let you know how it sounds!