If an mp3 sits on an un-hit website, does it make a sound?

Two things.  Community and exposure.  mp3.com spends a shitload of cash to
put
itself in the public eye, and while I'm not looking to be a rockstar, it
would
be nice to have people here what I'm doing.  If an mp3 sits on an un-hit
website, does it make a sound?