Re: Lots of fun.

The audio quality of the built-in I/O on any computer is
questionable, but high-fidelity is not always the first priority.

Personally I like great sound quality but regardless, built-in audio
is only stereo and I like quad or 5.1. So I'm stuck with a card for
now. However the newest Magma expansion chassis works with Pismo
powerbooks, works with the MOTU PCI-32 card (providing a mere 7 msec
latency) and is not much bigger than the laptop itself, so it can all
fit in a carry-on bag.

I've used a VX Pocket live but only a few times. We had trouble with
the breakout cable. The CPU overhead was not 30 percent, but it was a
hit.

The latency problem is a big one but for looping, it can be
compensated IF the OS provides a constant latency. I have a
latency-compensating looper which I am diligently refining into
share-able condition.

By the way, when was the last time you measured the latency of your
outboard rack?

-Alex S.