Re: loop example

In a message dated 08/04/2000 1:08:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
kmulvihill@mediaone.net writes:

<< My question is: which parts did you loop? Sounds like pretty straight
ahead
 jazz to me... >>

I laid down eight minutes of lovely guitar noises with my Oberheim EDP, on
one of the sixteen tracks.  We then rewound the tape, and played the whole
track with rhythm and my acoustic whacking away, while NOT listening to
the
six-second loop I had made.  Then I started overlaying guitars.  And then
several solos.

During the mix, we pasted some hall reverb on the loop track, and then
quick-faded the loop in under the A section of the tune, and out under the
section of the tune.  However the loop 'mates' with the jazz in the rest
of
the track is purely coincidental.

So the loop is the background.  Which becomes the foreground as the other
instruments all fade away about 6 minutes into it.