Re: good plex news

    To this I'd add the following. Clean the contacts on the SIMM's with
DeoxIt,
an oxidation remover. Then paint on a little PreservIt; made by the same
folks.
Also, it doesn't hurt to gently blow the socket free of any debris. Be
careful
attempting to clean the sockets with a brush as the contact pins are very
thin
and fragile.
    When a Rang makes the kinds of noise, it's invariably poor contact
between
the pins and socket of some part. On the Rang, the microprocessor and op
amps
are also often culprits.
    The products I reference aren't carried by Radio Shack but you'll find
them
at an electronics store where a professional tech might shop for parts.

--
Mike Nelson

Boomerang Musical Products       800-530-4699
PO Box 541595                    214-340-6913, Outside USA
Dallas, TX  75354-1595           214-343-1038, Fax

http://www.boomerangmusic.com    mnelson@dmans.com

"Some products make you sound better;
 the Boomerang Phrase Sampler makes you play better."