Re: Repeater Info Online/The Year 2000

>But, if a named company comes public with questions about a new idea, you
>can bet that people figure that something is up, and they will take a bit
>more notice. In fact, "they" may be another manufacturer listening in on
>the ensuing conversation. And... They may take enough notice of the
>conversation to start down a similar development path themselves. In
>fact,
>they may BEAT the first company to market.

Uh huh... and this, instead of keeping things at the MINIMUM would open the
doors for CREATIVE COMPETITION, as well as business competition...

In other words... they really would have to have a better box, because
having the same thing wouldn't really be any better... this would force
companies to actually seek out better ideas even MORE to compete.

Besides... how many really "new" ideas are out there these days... wouldn't
that be a poll... see why not pool the entire internet on a website and
call it NEWIDEAS.COM and have the "end user Joe Shmoe" put up every friggin
idea they can... so that the folks with the $$$ can look at it (since
they're too busy watching the books to have good ideas), and freely pick
and choose from the gargantuan list of KILLER IDEAS that the end users
continually provide?

Don't get me wrong, I understand competition and I understand manufacturing
difficulties... that's why we have patents and copyrights, etc., to protect
people with new ideas.

I have an awesome new invention for guitarists, but I can't get anyone to
manufacture it, and I can't afford to do it myself. I've had it for nearly
8 years, but can't find a way to get it to the public... it's not always
easy, even though every person who sees this thing says "BANK, dude!"

I guess all the companies can cry "lack of funds", just like me... but I
think it's a little different when you actually have the ability to create
something and don't, just to chince a little more profit out of the deal,
than when you actually cannot pull together the means in the first place to
get started.

Peace, Love, & Music
James Musser
peaceland@earthlink.net

Lessons at:  http://home.earthlink.net/~peaceland/peaceland.htm
Underwater Traffic:  http://members.aol.com/utjam/ut.htm
Top 100 Unsigned Bands in L.A. '99 - Music Connection
Nominations:  Best South Bay Band '97 - Rock City News
Best Guitar '97 & Best L.A. Band '96 - LA Music Awards