Re: BB interface

At 6:22 PM -0700 9/26/00, Matthias Grob wrote:

>>If you really prefer a web interface, than just use the list archives!
>>There are many people who do this, in fact. The archive is automatically
>>updated throughout the day, and it allows you to view posts by thread,
>>author, or date, or search for whatever you want. So the archive is
>>practically a BB and can serve the purposes you are looking for.
>
>I started this for and find it great exept that I was not allowed to
>answer...
>Could there be some kind of a "Archive Subscription" where you dont
>get the mails but are allowed to post to the list?

In fact, yes, I can set something like this up. If anybody wants to use
some address just for posting and not receive list mails there, let me
know. I'll set the list server to accept posts from that address. I'm not
going to make this a real widely available service, because I don't want to
see it abused. You should somehow be on the list if you want me to do this
for you.

This will probably help the people who have multiple addresses and
periodically forget which one they are supposed to post with. You know who
you are. ;-)

kim