Re: OT rant from hell (was: AirFX)

> Thanks for your input, guys.  I hope you don't mind me opening up
> this can of worms...

>From this thread I'm beginning to suspect that the can of worms is a lot
more localized than you're admitting here.  Perhaps you've been up for
several days on something and just can't let it go.  After living in the LA
area for nearly 16 years I came to know an awful lot of neurotic people who
actually believe the rest of the world to be like, well, LA.  It's a crock,
pure and simple, and the faster you realize it the closer to reality one
becomes.

> Why are we rushing forward at such a pace?

What you mean "we", kemo sabe?  See what I mean?  Neurotic inclusion,
sometimes for nothing more than a deep-seated need to validate one's own
thoughts, has never been any kind of real validation, or proof.

> Why do i walk into a record store or
> a music store (or any 'store' for that matter) and become completely
> overwhelmed and somewhat depressed?

This is a matter for therapy perhaps, another popular pastime in the LA
region - and for a lot of good reasons.

> The sheer saturation makes the air thick...

Well, LA's air is that way because of the multitude of air pollution
sources
that continue to pay their existence via the politicians elected, whom have
no idea what they're doing, but they sure make good money!  Not some
previously unknown music store that happens to pop up in your neighborhood
and - horrors! - in the town next door.  Do you work somewhere?

> Call me bitter and twisted, and some of you in more remote places may
> think i'm in heaven.  But I think it's frightening and assinine, and
> it's not just music...it's everything.  more stores, more cell
> phones, more computers, more population, more movies, more sports,
> more hyper-sports, more adrenaline, more SUV's, more, more, more.

Do you have a belief process of some kind?  Move out of your house, take an
acoustic guitar, and hit the road for a while.  Find America again, buddy -
hint, it's NOT in the LA area, which increasingly makes less and less of
the
entertainment the rest of the world consumes.  And stop wanting to be
another Dennis Miller, who, alas, became rather tiresome ALSO.

Stephen Goodman
http://www.earthlight.net/Studios * The free Loop of the Week!
http://www.mp3.com/StephenGoodman * New MP3 Releases!