Re: looping question

> If anyone wants to help us (Electrix) with future loopy developments and
> maybe some marketing rigmarole send me an answer to the question:
>
> Why are you passionate about loop-based music production?

I think as an on-topic discussion, I'd like to see the answers on list...

my reason is that I see any loop device as an instrument in its own right -
I've tried multi-tracking myself in the studio, but without the instant
feedback and chance element that comes with looping, I need to enter a
completely different head-space, one that I don't particularly want to
inhabit, which is why I released a live album...

I also love the feeling of all that noise being just from me! being bass,
harmony, melody and rhythm all at once and being totally in control,
completely responsible and not having to worry about what the other musos
might do...

If anyone in London is interested in hearing this, I've got a seriously
loop-heavy gig this Friday night, in a church in Holloway just up from
Caledonian Road tube station - doors 7.30, £5 on the door, I'll be doing an
hour solo set, then an hour with my trio feat. cello and percussion, and
the
set will include video loops, instillations and other arty stuff... should
be great. see web-site for more details

cheers

Steve
web-site - www.steve-lawson.co.uk