Re: OT: gate-checking

>funny (or tragic) anecdotes?
>
>lance g.

just one...travelling to Seattle to meet a friend (and ex-band mate),
so we decide we will 'jam' when i arrive.  I bring my then looper
pedal box.  2 digitech 2000's and a digitech 8000, all in line with
power strip, power supplies, and patch cords all there.  just plug it
in, put in your input and output cords and off ya go...all in a
sturdy wood box with latches.

put that one through the x-ray, and the operator's eyes bulged...i
think rudimentary circuit boards with battery supplied power spells
'bomb' in their training manual, so they saw it and immediately made
me open it.  i kept telling them, they are music pedals, for electric
guitar...see?...you put the cable there and it goes out
there...understand?  music...yes...they are for music.  the power
strip?  that's for the power...yes...music.....what do they do?
ummmmm.....
...yes...music....uh huh....

i had to go through 3 or 4 people coming over to investigate, with
each successive person not wanting to deal with it and deferring to
someone with more authority.  finally got the go ahead after 20
minutes or so...had to do that on departure from both LA and Seattle.
loads of fun!

rich