Future Repeater Users Manifesto (was Re: Repeater spotted!

This all sounds great, and jives with what we've been hearing so far...
it's heartening at least that the product exists in some physical
manifestiation of metal and plastic and blinky leds. I'm kind of
disappointed in Damon, as he seemed like a truly non 'marketing guy'
marketing guy, but whatever, he was probably feeding us the same line he
was fed by someone else.

Damon, Electrix, please do not give us a product with buggy software upon
release. I've seen this happen with too many great products/software
packages.

It's an age-old story... the engineers set deadlines for
themselves under pressure from management, marketing goes into overdrive
for the product launch, and it keeps getting pushed back until finally
marketing and/or management can't take it anymore and push the half-baked
product out the door, much to the dismay of the users. The engineers keep
working to support the thing with endless patches, but the damage has been
done, and the product's reputation is shot.

If there's a remote chance it's not going to be ready by March, say so now
and take the pressure off yourselves so that we the users can have a
product we can trust. I can't speak for the rest of the group, but I'll
wait. I would rather hear  "It'll be done when it's done" than "It'll be
ready by january! I mean march! I mean june! umm... 2003?"

-><-