Re: double neck guitar and bass

I have an original Steinberger.  Same body style, but with a real
transtrem and Active EMGs.  Bass too, but with a slightly different body
style and a drop D tuner.

Anyway, I love them both DEARLY.  I think STEINBERGERS LOOK COOL!  Even
those bodiless ones.  Sure, Dreamtheater may have ruined it for all of us,
as Hitler ruined the little mustache deal, but so what?  They're great
guitars.  Well made and NOTHING I've played does what a transtrem does.

So, has anyone on the list played one of these Spirits?  I am also sick of
doing the bass/guitar switch live.  Lately, I've just resorted to
abandoning the bass and using a Roland GR-30 for bass parts.  Actually, it
works pretty well.  The idea of a double neck is interesting, but I must
admit, I bet it's damn heavy.

Mark