RE: good intentions

>but, ya know, to a lot of people wynton is sort of an example of the
>emperor's new clothes. it's not that he can't play or isn't
>talented, it's just that he's revisionist. i don't know what he's
>really offering.

My only two complaints about the Ken Burn's JAZZ movie ending this week on
PBS.

1.  Two hours straight of terribly interesting and entertaining
information with no breaks doesn't allow for a trip to the toilet.
Thus, i would recommend keeping the beer consumption to a minimum for
such things...

2.  Wynton is a blowhard.  I'm a big fan of jazz, but geez, dude,
what are you smoking?

other than that, it's been the best thing on the tube in years...

rich