Re: good feedback vs. bad feedback, or the revenge of the 10 dollar microphone.

Hi,
I'd suggest 2 things :-

1    Place a compressor/limiter in the feedback chain. This will prevent
uncontrollable noises and help bring out more subtle sounds that would
otherwise be masked.

2    If you can put some sort of frequency filter, (graphic eq, tone
control
etc) in the feedback pat this is great fun to mess about with.

3, (1 know !)    Use a looper to build structure and trap the interesting
stuff.

I use Kyma in a similar configuration often with signal processing in
multiple feedback loop paths and I reckon this will keep me occupied for
many years to come : )