Re: [ElectronicMusic] mp3.com

At 12:22 AM +0100 3/26/01, Stephen P. Goodman wrote:

>I think an even better site for visibility aspects might be
>live365.com - which lets you run a radio 'station' of sorts.  What
>would someone go through to put up a Loopers Delight radio station
>on live365.com then?  I'm sure it would generate interest at least.

I have a station on Live365, and the American Composers Forum has
several. It's easy, and its free as long as you keep it low bandwidth
and within the 365MB storage allotment.

You sign up for the service, pick a broadcaster name and password,
and then you upload mp3 files and create one or more playlists.
There's a Windows application for batch uploads, or you can ftp if
you're on a different platform. There's a minimum playlist length of
3 hours before broadcasting is enabled, and there are rules
concerning frequency of play of recordings by a particular artist or
from a particular CD. That is, you're not allowed to use the service
as a promotional vehicle for a particular artist or CD. You have to
"mix it up" with material from a variety of artists.

I think it's a good idea to have a Loopers Delight station of
Live365. I'd even put some effort into it myself, but I wouldn't want
to be the only person doing the uploading and programming. Probably
few of us would want to shoulder that responsibility, but I think we
might do it as a group.

Richard Zvonar, PhD                     zvonar@zvonar.com
(818) 788-2202 voice                    zvonar@LCSaudio.com
(818) 788-2203 fax                      zvonar@well.com