Re: Fractal looping

     Fortunately now a better description of "Fractional Looping".I was not
sure,if it was only
meant for one special device,so I kept quiet.

>From that,what Italo described,I labeled this way of looping as
"Poly-Looping" for my own looping.
As I use also RingModulation and Frequencyshaping devices in my guitar
gear,fractional looping
has another sense to me. ;-)

I use now up to eight loop devices,wich can establisch up to 12 seconds of
looping.This all is
switched to a fexible rooting board.A kind of footpedal mixing console.

The for me intersiting way of playing with such odd loops is the
polyrhythmic experience.
For a Stereo Setup it means,left looping device has 12 seconds of delay,the
right 11 seconds.
Both with adjusted regenaration,wich can be expanded or compressed in
realtime.
The fluctuation of sound will be surprisingNow multiply it with eight
sources with different
settings in time.The result will be always new and surprising.
Only with such a delay section,you can bring a simple guitar to an
incredible PAD-sound.
But when you use afterwards some Ringmodulation or other synth related
Waveformshaping the result
will be always new.

But fractional delaying is a playfield,wich needs strong nerves.It is like
blank sheet of paper.
Once you started with it,it will get an own life.
It can be polyrhythmical,it can also be a PAD-sound changing extremly.Real
fine way to experience
new sounds.Harmonically or Rhythmically.It depends on you.The field is wide
open.
Well,this works also for other instruments.

Marty