Re: The first LA Loop Fest!!!

alright, here's the proposed time and locale:

LA LOOP FESTE I
Thursday, June 28, 2001
Doors open at 7pm
359 East Magnolia St
Suite E
Burbank, CA 91501
818-848-2057

Here's the stuff we need to figure out:

We know for sure that Steve Lawson will be performing and possibly two
additional loopers. I'd like to wave my spot as I just found out that
east coast looper extradonnaire (sp?) Ric Hordinski (of Monk, Over The
Rhine and has worked with Daniel Lanois, Bob Dylan, Squeeze, David
Wilcox, Buddy Miller, and on and on and on) will be in town and is also
interested in playing. If you're not familiar, check out his web page at
http://monkmusic.com. So I'd love for Ric to perform as well. Steve
suggested 3 loopers perform, and also suggested Andre? (Since we had
several people interested in playing, me included, maybe we should
schedule another Loop Feste?)

It was also suggested that we either charge a nominal admission of say,
$5 or we simply 'pass the hat'. Both Steve and Ric have to play for door
or donation.

I can supply the PA and a few chairs, but we could use some rugs, chairs,
pillows, whatever to make it comfy. Also, you can bring your own
refreshments for personal or share. Tho' since this isn't a club but a
space I lease and I don't carry liability insurance or any such thing, I
have to ask to refrain from alcohol and such.

Oh, and since space is an issue at this locale, should have a reserve
list or something? I'd hate for someone to not be able to get in, etc. Or
do we even have to worry about it?

If anyone has any ideas or anything, either reply on the list or you can
pmail me at tony-moore@juno.com or you can call me at 818-563-6514.

later!

tony