Re: Who knows which MIDI Guitar is cheap and useful?

If you go this route, may I also suggest the Yamaha G50. It too is a MIDI
interface so it is a good choice if you already have synths and samplers
that you like. The problem that I have with a lot of the newer Roland
dedicated guitar synths is that they are pretty much a
"what-you-see-is-what-you-get" deal. They aren't true MIDI translation
devices. They track fine if you just want to play their own internal
sounds,
but if you try to MIDI out to other devices, forget it. (An ability you
must
have if you'd like to do stuff like trigger samplers or even ATTEMPT to
record to a MIDI sequencer.)

The Yamaha G50 is good. It uses the Axxon "neural net" technology, so it
tracks almost as good as those high-end systems,(and I am a bass player
who
uses it on a 5-string) but you can usually find them used for a little
more
than the Roland GI10. It also uses the 13-pin connector, so you can use it
with the GK2a, Yamahas G1D, the Axxon pickup, or any of the compatible
piezo
systems.