Looper's Delight Archive Top (Search)
Date Index
Thread Index
Author Index
Looper's Delight Home
Mailing List Info

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Re: OT steinberger guitar question

It is a master tuner (I think adjusts the spring tension for overall 
it's used to align the bridge with the locking mechanism so you can
lock/unlock without affecting the tuning. It also means you can lock the
bridge, change the tuning (say drop D) then unlock the bridge and adjust
using the master tune so you can use the trem.

Martin Shellard 

> From: Hedewa7@aol.com

> sine@zerocrossing.net writes:
>> I bought a used Steinberger guitar and it has an adjustment on the tail
>> piece,
>> under the string tuners, that looks like a larger fatter string tuner.
>> Any
>> Steinberger owners know what this adjustment is for?
> which bridge/tailpiece is it?
> onna trantrem, that knob is the bridge's 'master tuner'.
> dt / s-c