R: OT: why musicians can't eat -- and why radio is so bad

I think you're right. Here in Italy for something the situation is even
worse. If I want to put some stuff I composed, produced and recorded on my
site I'll have to pay the Italian rights organisation (SIAE), which will
give it back to me (after a year or so) minus the 10%. If I don't pay it
i'm
legally persecutable for copyright infringement. Pretty sick, ain't it?
Even
more since the sum I should pay is almost 100$ for every single mp3 file,
for every month I have on the net.
This is the system here, but then I find that I have some stuff uploaded
and
selling on Vitaminic.it, which is the Italian server for Vitaminic, and in
more than a year I haven't seen a single cent for it. I don't understand...
if I put my music on the net I have to pay, but if a corporate music
association does the same with my music I don't see a cent ???? And I don't
mean money for the music sold, but for the copyright on my work, which,
since it is an official italian site should be granted by the law....

I thought law should be equal to everyone, shouldn't it?????

Then the same corporate powers tell us that Napster is illegal, that it is
fraud against the authors and their copyrights (and next they'll buy the
site).....