Re: artifacts

i've been using the analog delay setting the dl4 to open up a
collaborative piece i'm working on.  turn the mix down all the way,
so you can't hear anything.  turn the delay time to 0, and the regen
up all the way.  If you do this with the mix up, you can hear the dl4
start it's self oscillation whine.  however, you've got your mix
down.  then, sloooooowly start to turn the delay time knob until max,
then maybe go back and forth slowly to add some changes and rhythms
(or a couple of quick turns add some interesting 'spikes', too).

now you can slowly bring the mix up to hear your random creation.
i've been using it for very deep rumblings and ambience in our
opening piece.

i've used that 'remove the guitar cord' thing too, but it doesn't
seem to do much on my long hair (still long...i'm waiting for the
fashion curve to come around again...i'm so far behind i'm actually
ahead! <loop content>)

seeya,

rich