Re: Using a Looper with a mixer

At 7:22 PM -0500 9/1/01, M. Steven Ginn wrote:
>If I connect a Looper to my mixer should I connect it or my other
>effects to aux send 1 or 2?  Should it pre or post?  Or should I try and
>connect all my effects in series beginning after the main outs from the
>mixer without using the aux bus?

I think it is counterproductive to look for rules about how to hook
up effects and looping devices to a mixer. You need to analyze how
you want to manipulate your sounds and you need to understand the
musical implications of series/parallel and pre/post.

Depending on the mixer you use, it may be possible to hook up your
instrument(s), all your effects, and your looper in such a way that
you can route any signal to any device. But from the nature of your
question you are probably just getting started, so you should
probably keep it simple.

If you want the best suggestions, you should specify what equipment
you are using and what kind of musical results you are after.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com