RE: midi pedals

At 9:19 AM -0500 9/4/01, M. Steven Ginn wrote:
>Since most of the discussion about pedals comes back to the PMC10, can
>anyone recommend any modifications that will improve the quality of the
>PMC10 and ensure that it will continue to have a long life?  For
>starters, I know the plastic switches seem awefully delicate.  Has
>anyone found a more durable replacement for those switches?

The switch mechanism is in two parts. The switches themselves are
tiny momentary switches directly attached to the circuit board. The
plastic thing that you actually step on is just a piece of plastic
with a small peg that clicks on the real switch when you step on it.
The plastic piece attaches to the chassis with small flanges that
break easily.

I bought a PMC10 from a kid on eBay, only to discover that one of
these "switches" had lost one of its flanges and was intermittent
because the mechanical action was flaky. When I called Digitech about
repairs I found out that parts were no longer available.

Perhaps the best solution would be to replace the entire two-piece
system with a single, robust, quiet, integrated switch. I general
I've noticed that the more robust a switch is, the noisier it tends
to be. Can someone suggest a suitabel part?

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com