RE: Using a Looper with a mixer

Hi Steve-

Here's how I like to connect my EDP to my mixer; I've tried it different
ways, but this is how I like to do it.  Other people like to do it other
ways, and get different results.  BTW, my mixer is a Mackie LM-32.  I
think I remember that you also use a mackie mixer, so this should work
for you as well.

I connect the mixer's monitor out to the input of the EDP.  Since the
monitor out is stereo and the EDP is mono, I only use the left side of
the monitor out.  This works well because my inputs are generally mono
anyway and I don't pan the signals, so left and right signals are about
the same.  For Repeater (when they get the wet/dry thing fixed) I'll use
both left and right, and be more adventurous with my panning.

So when I want to send a signal or a combination of signals to the
looper, I just press their solo buttons on the mixer, and they appear at
the monitor out.  I also get a little red light that tells me what's
being sent to the looper at all times, and i can hear it in my
headphones.  Now what's important here is to get all of the levels right
so that you get the same level out of the looper as you do out of the
master.  Here are my settings:

* EDP output fully clockwise
* EDP mix fully clockwise (all loop [wet])
* EDP input channel on the mixer at unity
* monitor level at unity
* solo level at unity
* adjust the EDP input level until your loop is at the same level as
what you are looping

This assumes that you aren't actually using your monitor buss for
monitoring.

Caution:  If, in the heat of the moment, you forget to press the solo
button for what you think you are looping, you will loop the main mix.
This can be ugly and embarrassing.  Also, I tend to get clipping on the
EDP at above +6db with bass signals, so try to keep the levels under
control.

Good luck, and feel free to ask me any more questions about it.  The
rest of you, feel free to criticize as necessary.

-Hans