Repeater Synch Workaround.

I will not chill out.  I waited a year for this sucker, because I was told
"we
wanted to release a bug free Repeater."  No such thing, I knew, but this
seems
pretty big, no? But anyway, I figured out a work around, based on something
Daemon said on the Electrix site.

OK, here's the problem.  Electrix is implementing something called "Loop
Point
Assist™"  It sucks.  The only way I can figure out to defeat it is to
first,
record a blank loop while in "USER" synch mode at a desired tempo, one that
matches your sequence.  If you're not into "priming" your loops, you can
stop
reading now.  After you end the recording put the unit back in MIDI synch
mode.
Put the unit back in record and record your loop.  I tried this with the
drum
machine test, and it passed with only an occasional flam (doubling)  as my
midi
clock seemed to falter.  I do notice the Repeater reports that my tempo is
often
changing by a few tenths of a BPM every now and then, so I guess this is
to be
expected.  I wonder  if I'd get better results if my midi clock were not
going
through a MIDI merge, so that I can get footcontrol and clock.

Anyway, my plea to Electrix is take Kim's advice and make it so you can
choose a
time signature, and number of bars and have it start recording with no Loop
Point Assist and end at the exact point all on it's own.  KILL that loop
point
assist crap, or make it something you can turn on if you want.  NOT the
default.  I can't understand why they didn't do it that way in the first
place.

OK, our nation is going to war now, and I've got to get to work and try to
convince people that Oracle software is really good.

Mark Sottilaro