EMUSIC Playlist #234

[ Best viewed with a fixed spacing font. ]

EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show, airs each Thursday
at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA and 93.9 FM in
Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ.

                    Show #234                    September 13, 2001.

RECAP:
On this show, I continued the month-long focus on Pete Namlook (Pete
Kuhlmann),
an ambient musician and the owner of FAX records.  The feature CD at
midnight
was "Shades of Orion" by Pete Namlook and Tetue Inoue and released on the
FAX
label.

The vinyl show starter is now a new feature of the show, a leftover from
WDIY's
Salute to Records.  I also played the music of Jim Cole's Spectral Voices
and
Tom Heasley in support of their concert at the Gathering.

Pete Namlook   http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/playlists/2001/focus01.html#sep

PLAYLIST:

ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==============================
11:04 pm
Robert Fripp &          The Heavenly Music       No Pussyfooting (Antilles)
  Brian Eno               Corporation *
ARC                     Relay                    Radio Sputnik (DiN)
Mollusk                 Evolution of the         Accretions
(Hypnos/Foundry)
                          Snail's Brain Part 5
Gert Emmens             Juno                     Asteroids (Quantum)
eM                      Suspensions              All the Stars Burning
Bright
                                                   (Hypnos/Foundry)
Spectral Voices         Celestial Tides          Coalescence (Spectral
Spiral)
Tom Heasley             Ground Zero *            Where the Earth Meets the
Sky
                                                   (Hypnos)

12:00 am
Namlook & Inoue         Biotrip                  Shades of Orion (FAX)
Namlook & Inoue         Shades of Orion          Shades of Orion (FAX)
Namlook & Inoue         Did You Ever Retire a    Shades of Orion (FAX)
                          Human...
Namlook & Inoue         Liquid Shade *           Shades of Orion (FAX)

1:00 am

 * = exerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)

NEXT SHOW:
On the next EMUSIC, I'll continue the month-long focus on Pete Namlook.
The
feature CD at midnight will be "Fire of Ork II" on the FAX label with Geir
Jenssen.

I will play the music of Free System Projekt and Wave World.  These two
bands
from the Netherlands will perform live on WDIY on October 11 and will
perform
at the next Gathering in Philadelphia.

The Gathering  http://wdiyfm.org/emusic/events.html

Next week's vinyl show starter will be by Klaus Schulze.

Bill        billfox@fast.net
http://wdiyfm.org/schedule/s_emusic.html