RE: New Thread: Classical Music Influences on Us

RE: hindemith,

I've only heard Mathis Der Maler. What would you recommend beyond that?

-----Original Message-----
From: Liebig, Steuart A. [mailto:Steuart.Liebig@maritz.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 3:46 PM
To: 'Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com'
Subject: RE: New Thread: Classical Music Influences on Us

If you like Bartok's string quartets (I love them all) you may even like
those by Janacek, Enescu, Martinu,

** martinu was a great composer in my book. he did a lot, so some of his
stuff is spotty, but it's really good in general. (for that matter mssr.
beethoven did some crap too.)

many people neglect hindemith, but he could really write.

stig