RE: New Thread: Classical Music Influences on Us

Title: RE: New Thread: Classical Music Influences on Us

** hmmm, lots of his orchestral music. some of his wind concerti are really, really nice (in my opinion). string quartets are good as well. ymmv. it's the kind of thing where i'd have to look up specific stuff  - - the piece names are not in my head, sorry!

honneger was also a really good writer (he was a member of les six, with poulenc, etc.). his symphonies are quite good and i think he did some film music/ballet stuff that i enjoy as well.

stig

RE: hindemith,

I've only heard Mathis Der Maler. What would you recommend beyond that?