Re:Re: Totally Off Topic

Bless you, Kim for your restraint and your patience!!!
These are the qualities of a good leader.   I know you probably would
quibble with the word, 'Leader' and all the baggage it carries with it, but
you had the power to pull the plug and you didn't:   That's a rare thing in
this world and I, for one, am glad that you started this community.

You have a big fan.    yours,   Rick Walker

> From: "Kim Flint" <kflint@loopers-delight.com>
> > I don't believe in censorship, or dictatorships of any sort. I think a
> > community should be able to sort out its own problems, and take
> > responsibility for it's own actions, both as individuals and as a
>group.
> > That's how I "run" this list. In other words, this list is basically
> > operating as an anarchical community. To me that does not mean chaos or
> > lack of responsibility for one's actions, it means everybody is
*equally*
> > responsible for the success and well-being of the group.
> >
> > That being said, the truth is I was one mouse click away from
permanently
> > banning a number of people from this list during that particular week.
Not
> > for whatever argument they were making, but for simply refusing to
respect
> > the list and rest of the group. I decided to sleep on it, and the next
> > morning changed my mind about exercising that much power and setting
that
> > precedent. The principle worked and the community sorted itself out
within
> > a few days, saving me the trouble. I was glad that it worked out that
way,
> > and I think it's generally a testament to the good qualities of this
group
> > that it did.
> >
> > kim
> >

> > At 10:43 AM 10/10/2001, K. Douglas Baldwin wrote:
> > >Dear Loopers-
> > >     A sincere thanks to all who helped with my search for the elusive
> band
> > >Chrysalis and what has become of their members. Special props to Kevin
> > >Miller, Jim Palmer, James Pokorny, and especially to Dr. Richard
Zvonar,
> who
> > >led me to the motherlode.
> > >     A brief comment, again off-topic: In the days immediately
following
> > >September 11, we were all enmeshed in a swirl of communication
regarding
> the
> > >tragedy of that day. At that time, I subscribed to two newsgroups: the
> Boss
> > >GT-3 multi-effects pedal gang, and, obviously, the Looperheads. The
GT-3