Re: kingcrimson in sf-no loop content...

> This is one of my pet peeves, as well. The first use of the classic
> two Revox tape recorder technique that I know of is by Terry Riley.
> He called it his "Time Lag Accumulator". People who think that Fripp
> innovated much tech here should check out "Poppy Nogood and the
> Phantom Band", from the 1969 release "A Rainbow in Curved Air". All
> the techniques of "Frippertronics" are there. Naming something does
> not grant ownership. Eno has been more forthcoming than Fripp on his
> debt to Terry Riley for this technique.

Yes - this thread had already made me think of "Poppy Nogood" and
I pulled out the CD and have listened to it twice while catching up
on my e-mail. A fine piece of primal looping/long delay work. I think
I'll play it between sets at the Planet Of The Loops show this Tuesday
at The Ambient Ping (free for those in the Toronto area).
http://www.theambientping.com/

Cheers,
Scott M2

http://www.dreamSTATE.to