Re: Any opinions on Line 6 DL-4

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nic Roozeboom" <nicroozeboom@hotmail.com>

> >I can get a used DL-4 pretty cheap, I haven't tried it out. Anyone here
> >have
> >an opinion on it?

That unit is essential in my setup at the moment. I've used it on every
track I've done this year. The only problems I experience are with clipping
on the input, (which can be dealt with as previously mentioned) otherwise
it's a great piece of gear. The DL-4 was basically my entry-level piece of
gear into looping/infinite delays/etc. I've had more fun with this unit
than
just about any other FX box/rack unit I've bought.

One thing I did do, as I did with my POD units, is basically ignore the
documentation. I don't expect the unit to replicate other bits of gear,
thus
enjoying finding my own sounds, and avoiding the disappointment of the box
not duplication the sound of "x" (insert vintage fx box the thing doesn't
sound like).

Cheers,

Simon Kean
Shallow End Swimming (Post-Rock) - http://mp3.com/shallowendswimming