Re: ebow w/ baritone guitar

> > lots of folks (including me) have used the ebow on bass ( they even
>made a
> > Bass Ebow for a brief time...)
>
> Did the Bass Ebow actually make it into production?  I remember an ad in
>Guitar
> Player saying they'd hired Boz from Bad Company as a consultant for a
>planned
> Bass Ebow, but I never heard that it made it to market.  Somewhere I
>heard that
> they ran into a problem with the string spacing on bass guitars not
>being as
> standardized as on six strings so they couldn't get a good spacing for
>the guide
> channels.
>
> Does anyone here actually own a Bass Ebow?

To be honest, I've never understood the calls for a 'bass ebow' - what do
you want it to do differently from the real EBow?
The Ebow as it stands now is PERFECT for bass! It doesn't do what it does
on a guitar, but for me, what it does do is far
more useful. I'm guessing that's why there's no such thing as a bass ebow
- the real one is already a bass ebow (especially
the Ebow +)

The guide channels work just fine for bass - you just don't sit it on the
strings in quite the same way...

cheers

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk