midi foot controller for complex set up

Hi
I've got a rather complex live set up that has far exceeded the number of
feet I own and feel the time has come for a midi foot controller.  it
includes acoustic and electric midi guitars, repeater, jamman, 01v digital
mixer, pod, an an extra synth module.  wanted to ask for some advice from
the list as you all seem to have the best handle on all this re midi foot
control. i apologize for the complexity, but that's why i need your help.

My live rack is midi acoustic guitars (and some electric gtr) w/ RMC hex
pickups feeding Axon AX100-SB (on board sounds) midi guitar converter.
midi
out to Proteus 3 world (for world sounds), also feed acoustic and midi
sounds as well as other instrument mics/pickups into Yamaha 01V digital
mixer on stage next to me.  sends from mixer to repeater for looping, pod
for effects, and jamman (maxed memory but mostly for delay) all returned
into mixer channels.  I then send my soundman feeds for acoustic sounds,
loopers, midi, and effects separately so he can tweak the balances.

to further complicate matters, the axon transmits on 7 channels (one for
each string and another for the hold function that can be programmed as
arpeggiator, sustain, stack, etc.  right now, i've got 4 volume pedals for
axon, proteus, repeater, and jamman and an awful number of switches for it
all.  i'm a pretty good player, so my main difficulties are getting my feet
tied up. I'd like to be able to tap one tempo and have that set tempo of
jamman, repeater, pod and arp tempo in the axon. my understanding of midi
foot controllers is a bit thin so correct my ignorance.

my understanding is that midi foot controllers don't send sysex in order to
control particular units, so i probably need to do it by having different
units on different midi channels for example:
Midi guitar 1-6
midi guitar hold 7
repeater 8
jam 9
pod 10
proteus 11

In reading the Behringer 1010 manual on line, i can't seem to tell if it
allows sending messages on different channels or if it's anywhere near
sophisticated enough to handle all this.  any enlightenment or suggestions
of other units would be much appreciated. my thought is to have a patch for
each song that changes tto the appropriate patches on all the units, sets
what the cc pedals will control and allows me to tap a tempo that feeds
whatever unit needs it.

Also if you have any suggestions of appropriate midi routing order or of
simplifying the rig.

Thanks so much for your patience and help and for all the entertaining and
enlightening posts.

Best
Paul Reisler
Trapezoid/Ki Theatre