cycloops

just messing with a cycloops... nice to see something a little different! i
do like that you can just plug it in and then sit on it or otherwise mash
random buttons to produce something coherant.

emmanuel, you may remember sending me a djrnd2 long ago; it is nice to see
those ideas condensed into a succinct and accessible widget - kudos and
thanks.

as i am perhaps not in the target demographic, my primary interests are:
hacking the analog devices chip, and making it break. (not physically! just
pushing the algorithms. it has a lot of built-in logic, which can be
interesting when it goes awry...)

regarding the first, do you think there is any chance of official updates
to the o.s.? the device has all the components necessary to do a wide array
of looping tasks... plus the design is really quite nice. if it can pitch
shift loops and adjust endpoints etc. - - - why not expose those parameters
in some kind of "expert mode" or alternative o.s.? i think it could be
attractive to a whole new demographic of users...

just a thought. i like the box enough to write assembly code. :)
(but i have other loopers to fry first...)

>"Freedom is a scary thing - not many people really want it." -Laurie
>Anderson

well, maybe freedom could be this optional mode...

jhno