Re: EDP vs Repeater

Thinking about the whole multi-track thing and having gotten to spend a
reasonable amount of time today looping, I realized that the "simple" thing
that I want is a way to say "Okay. I like that EDP loop. Let me send it off
somewhere else to keep it playing, be faded in and out, etc. while I build
different loop to go with it." I could actually see doing multiple parts
like that. I could do some of that with NextLoop, but that makes it
possible
to get A or A+B but not really B unless recording B wipes out A.
Furthermore, I can't play with the balance between the two -- e.g., fade
out
B and get back to A.

(Potentially interesting EDP idea though I have no idea how to trigger it:
If you've got multiple loops, provide a way to use one loop as the "audio"
input when recording into another. Or provide a way to crossfade in the
content from another loop. That way I could set up a little rhythmic loop,
NextLoop+Multiply it out into something longer with a lot more going on,
and
then start restoring the extended loop to match the original rhythmic
figure.)

I could get a second EDP and certainly have fun with that but in this
context, that essentially just leaves me with two mono loopers. That might
be okay, but it isn't necessarily ideal since I could envisage wanting to
print some stereo effects onto the saved copy. The Repeater seems like
overkill but with the restriction that the loops are forced to be the same
length (though one can multiply to get there), I could save off 4 mono EDP
loops or 2 stereoized EDP loops. Is this how people are using the two
together or are there other useful techniques?

Question for the EDP experts: Can I readily set things up so that I could
switch the EDP footpedal between controlling two EDP's? Could I do this
with
a simple ABY box?

Question for those with both an EDP and a Repeater: How easy is it to move
loop from the EDP onto the Repeater?

Question for Matthais (who I know really doesn't want to hear this while
trying to go final on LoopIV): Could one add yet another mode for insert
that would mean fade between the current loop and the contents of some
other
loop (e.g., always loop 1 or always the previous loop) using the current
feedback value?) Does it become more tractable -- though less fun -- if one
insists that the source loop has to consist of a single cycle for the
destination loop?

That last point won't get me a way to get B alone, but it will create a
smoother way to go back from A+B to A.

Question for Repeater owners: Could I do this mixing between loops by
bouncing tracks on the Repeater?

Mark