Re: RE:EDP or REPEATER?

snips - in pieces
-----Original Message-----
From: William Mcallister <BILLYBUDDHA@webtv.net>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
<Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Date: Saturday, January 26, 2002 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: RE:EDP or REPEATER?

>On the EDP or the Repeater is it possible to start and stop the loop >at
any given time?

On the EDP yes, on the RPTR no.

>Say like a verse chourus. You establish a rhythmic loop and play it >for
eight bars as a verse, then stop, and play something else on a >different
instrument for four bars then start the loop again for >another eight bars
and stop?

this is a different scenario. the answer is changed to yes on the EDP and
yes on the RPTR. If you need to trigger a loop after it has been played and
are not worried about instantaneous  play back then either will afford you
this
luxury as do most minidiscs, some dats and a whole lot of gear that I don't
use.

>also on the Repeater can you do the samething but have a >complicated
rhythm that you made at home (and
>stored it) then take it to the gig, and do the verse chorus thing with
>it.

yes on the RPTR. not an option on the EDP. but again also available in
other
gear, minidiscs, et cetera.

>My EDP should be arriving next tuesday. Yee-haw. And now a >moment of
silence. Thankx for the input.
Bill/Las Vegas

many happy returns (uh, erm loops).
best regards, Pedro Felix - NYC 2002