Re: OT:Digital resolution for analog sound

In a message dated 2/8/02 1:57:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, telecaster@mac.com writes:

but the
question is how to make digital, which is obviously not going away, achieve the
positive benefits of tape recording.

tele my man! this is indeed a question of great import to me and i dont consider it off topic.....please stop me, but i just saw an ad on tv in which a check out "person" at a "supermarket" (animation)  was "playing" the bar-code reader as if it were an "instrument" ala kaoss pad.....sound over being your basic loopish sounding stuff and the ad was for chewing-gum, we are living in some "great" times.....:)m