Re: prog-rock (way off-topic)

some more suggestions...i guess...although i'm still fuzzy on what
exactly a 'prog' rock band is...

Can
Neu!
Amon Duul
Tangerine Dream
Hawkwind

and i'm gonna have to disagree with the statement that "most of us
have relatively similar taste", even though, yes, we may have more
common threads of likes than a random sampling of individuals.

i've found way out tastes on this list...stuff i've never listened to
and maybe never will.  plus, my feeling is that a good number of
people on this list have tastes that are so wide and varied that it
would be hard to pin their tastes down to a specific style or genre
altogether.  hopefully, i could put myself on that list as well.

when you've just met someone and they ask "what are you into?  what
kindof music do you like?"

...and i play back the cd's i've just listened to that day in my
head, and it may (or may not) look something like this:

charlie parker
rancid
sly
willie nelson
eno
underworld
buena vista social club
mozart
bill frisell
dreadzone
pink floyd
martin denny

What the hell do you tell them?  and i consider my tastes pretty tame
compared to some of the boys (mostly) and girls of LD.

best regards,

rich