RE: what do loopers do when they're not looping?

Thoughts on the evils of TV--
If you turn the volume down, it's not nearly as hypnotizing.
With the addition of a VCR, TIVO or DVD, you become program Director.
It costs nothing to receive broadcast TV, and cable is way affordable.
Not everybody likes music well enough to want to practice, and most people
would rather get their thrills from somebody else.
You know, that might be the link--looping provides a way to become
spectator
as well as participant.
Anyway, I don't watch much TV, but it is certainly a wonderful tool, if
somewhat misused.  I gotta think digital recording of programming would
alleviate a lot of the negatives, but having said that, I have not yet
availed myself of that technology.
My 2 cents,
Gary